The wait is finally over. It all comes down to this day, September the 7th – Apple Event where you will see a few new iPhones added into the smartphone market.
With all the countless rumours flying around, here’s your quick summary as to what you can expect in today’s Apple Event which will be live streamed at 10AM PDT
- Base storage will start from 32GB, 128GB and going all the way to 256GB. Goodbye 16GB (which Apple should said a couple of year’s ago)
- 2x 12MP dual rear camera in iPhone 7 Plus, uses 1x wide angle and 1x telephoto lenses
- 3.5mm Headphone jack removed for squeezing in a bigger battery
- Lightning EarPods and a 3.5mm to Lightning headphone adaptor included in the box
- 3GB RAM standard on both iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Screen resolution remains the same
- Black colour is back and Space Grey iPhone is off
- IPX7 water resistance
Apart from these, you can expect similar features or revamped features from iPhone 6S.
With presumably no design changes for this year’s iPhones, I have to say I am not entirely excited for the new line of iPhones.
The other rumours you may have heard is that Apple is saving the most dramatic iPhone changes for 2017 – for it’s 10th anniversary, but it seems this is more than a simple “S” upgrade. You’re likely getting a way better camera and internal storage for the same cost. If there is a price increase of more than 10%, I would say it’s wiser to wait for iPhone 8.
What are your thoughts? Tweet me @iAshishPrasad and I’ll tweet you back.